Minnesota Board of Accountancy

state seal
capitol statue

85 E. 7th Place, Suite 125, St. Paul, MN 55101

Phone: 651-296-7938   ~   Fax: 651-282-2644   ~   TTY: 800-627-3529

~ Licensure/Registration ~

Requirements for Initial Certificate

Education Requirement to sit for CPA Exam

Education Requirement for Certification

Experience Requirement for Certification

Non-Resident Practice Privilege/Substantial Equivalency

Application Filing Deadline Information (note in particular Sections A, D, and E.)


Requirements for Registered Accounting Practitioner

Education Requirement for RAP Registration

Examination Requirement for RAP Registration

Experience Requirement for RAP Registration


Status Changes

To change your certificate status from Inactive to Active:

To change your certificate status from Active to Inactive:

  • Complete a minimum of 120 hours of CPE, with a minimum of 20 hours per year, during the three-year period ended June 30 preceding the date of the status change request
  • Record your CPE through Online Services. If you cannot use the online system, complete the applicable CPE Reporting Form
  • Complete the Board's Status Change Request Form
  • Submit completed form(s) and any required supporting documentation to the Board office