Minnesota Board of Accountancy Mission
- The mission of the Minnesota Board of Accountancy is to protect the public through the regulation of the practice of accounting by Certified Public Accountants, Registered Accounting Practitioners and others in Minnesota by:
- Ensuring that those entering the practice meet standards of competency by way of education, experience and examination;
- Establishing standards of practice for those certified or registered to practice;
- Requiring that anyone practicing or offering to practice accounting be certified or registered and continue to maintain their professional competence;
- Enforcing the laws, rules and standards governing the practice of accounting in Minnesota in a fair, expeditious and consistent manner.
Minnesota Board of Accountancy Vision Statement
- The Minnesota Board of Accountancy will have a major influence in ensuring that Certified Public Accountants and Registered Accounting Practitioners provide quality services in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Certified Public Accountants and Registered Accounting Practitioners will possess the knowledge, skills and abilities enabling them to meet the needs of their clients and the public.
- Minnesota Certified Public Accountants and Registered Accounting Practitioners will be competent in all areas of practice and will adhere to standards of ethical professional conduct.
- Minnesota Certified Public Accountants and Registered Accounting Practitioners will have access to statutes, rules, regulations and professional standards necessary to remain current.
Affirmative Action Plan 2012 - 2014